Asteroids can be mined and sold to Mining Stations, which are present in most systems. To mine Asteroids, you need to have a ship equipped with at least one Mining Laser, and a Cargo Hold. The Y8 Mining Vessel is a large ship designed specifically for mining, which requires the Master Pilot Certification, and can be received through a quest. There are several different types of Asteroid Resources, and are generally used in the construction of ships and ship components.
Asteroid Locations Edit
(copied from Space mining)
- Acid: Dantooine System x2
- Carbonaceous: Naboo System x2
- Crystal: Dathomir System x3
- Cyanomethanic: Yavin System x3
- Diamond: Kessel System x3 - Doesn't show in datapad.
- Ice: Endor System x3
- Iron: Corellian System x1, Tatoo System x5
- Methane: Dantooine System x2, Kashyyyk System
- Obsidian: Karthakk System (Lok) x3
- Organometallic: Karthakk System (Lok) x2, Kashyyyk System
- Petrochemical: Yavin System x2
- Silicaceous: Corellian System x4
- Sulfuric: Naboo System x3
For more details about Mining check out the article : Space mining.