In Star Wars Galaxies, Creature Resources are a type of resource used to craft items. Any class can harvest from creatures killed in combat by using the Radial Menu on the corpse and select "Harvest Resources" which allows you to pick which resource to harvest or you can use the /harvest command which randomly chooses.
Other creature resources that can be gathered by anyone: milk is gathered from milking specific live creatures, fish is gathered by fishing with a Fishing Pole, seafood is collected using a Seafood Survey Tool, and eggs may be found by searching a creature lair.
The Creature Resource resource tree consists of the following:
- Creature Structural
- Creature Food
Desirable Creature ResourcesEdit
Some creature resources are more valuable than others. If you are planning to harvest resources to sell then you will make more credits if you collect the "desirable" resources.
- Used by Chefs to make their own food additives (a task previously performed by Bio Engineers). The most desirable stats for meat used in food additives are Overall Quality followed by Potential Energy followed by Flavour. A good chef will always make food with additives and will always be looking for the best quality meat.
- Insect meat is currently used in one of the top 5 Chef recipes "Vercupti of Agazza Boleruuee" which gives bonuses to Precision and Constition. The most desirable stats on insect meat for this dish are Potential Energy followed by Overall Quality.
- Tailors require good quantities of hide however resource quality is generally unimportant to them.
- Architects require wooly hides to make some furniture.
- Dantooine Wooly Hide is essential for armorsmithing. It is used to make Advanced Assault Armor. The desirable stats are Overall Quality and Shock Resistance.
- Lokian Leathery Hide is essential for armorsmithing. It is used to make Advanced Reconnaissance Armor. The desirable stats are Overall Quality and Shock Resistance.
- Nabooian Bristly Hide is essential for armorsmithing. It is used to make Advanced Battle Armor. The desirable stats are Overall Quality and Shock Resistance.
- Bone is needed by armorsmiths to make Bone armor, Chitin armor and some Ithorian armor such as Ithorian guardian armor however resource stats do not matter.
- Avian bone is needed by armorsmiths to make Tantel armor however resource stats do not matter.
- Tailors also need small amounts of bone for some items such as Twi'lek Bone Crest however resource stats do not matter.
For extensive information on the many types of Creature Resources currently available on each server, check out http://www.swgcraft.org