The Factional Presence was added into the game along with Game Update 15. With the arrival of Game Update 16 the system was extended into space sectors. Like the groundside system, there is a base amount-per-minute score that is increased by various percentage additions. In a move that has appeased many pilots, Space Factional Presence counts five times as much as groundside Factional Presence.
- To earn Factional Presence Points you must aboard an overt (Special Forces) ship and the same faction as the ship.
- You must be in a space zone associated with a ground planet, i.e. Corellian System, Dantooine System, Dathomir System, Endor System, Karthakk (Lok) System, Naboo System, Tatoo System, and Yavin System. In the Corellian System and Naboo System the Factional Presence Points count for both Corellia and Talus, and Naboo and Rori respectively.
- If you are in the pilot seat, operations chair, or turret, the amount of points contributed is proportionate to the pilot skill, plus a 10% bonus for each GCW rank.
- If you are not in the pilot seat, operations chair, or turret, the amount of points contributed is proportionate to the character level, plus a 10% bonus for each GCW rank.
- The aligned city bonus from Factional Presence of a 100% bonus, plus a 10% bonus per city rank, plus a 5% bonus per year of city age is awarded if the player is a citizen of a player city on a planet assosiated with the space sector.